Some horses are naturally nervous and are affected by particular situations such as competitions. Every horse has it’s own threshold in how they react to particular situations and our latest blog post takes a look at equine calming for competition.
Some horses are naturally nervous animals and some are affected by particular situations such as travelling, competitions, sales and clipping. Horses have different thresholds in how they react to particular situations and as such, they need a supplement flexible enough to adapt to various situations. In the NutriScience range, AnxiKalm Compete is an equine supplement designed to help calm excitable horses in stressful situations, such as in competitions or at the sales.
Spotting Calming Concerns
- Horse is constantly nervous
- Horse gets easily distracted
- Horse is nervous when travelling or clipping
- Horse exhibits nervous behaviour when at sales or competitions
Why Use Anxikalm Compete?
AnxiKalm Compete is a powder supplement to help calm excitable horses in stressful conditions. It is safe to use in competition horses/ponies and is apple flavoured for palatability.
How Anxikalm Compete Works
The key ingredients of AnxiKalm Compete are L-Tryptophan, B Vitamins and Magnesium:
- L-Tryptophan – an amino acid that is converted to serotonin in the body and, when combined with B Vitamins, it is known to decrease anxiety and reduce the feelings that create stress.
- Magnesium –is a key component for ensuring the integrity of nerve endings and the health of the mucous membranes that are key to an individual horse’s level of sensitivity. Levels of magnesium can be depleted by stress and anxiety and so need to be replenished.
- Tryptophan –does not sedate (which can be a good thing) and does not affect performance.
Results of Using Anxikalm Compete
- Calming effect within 3-4 hours
- Does not affect performance
- Reduces risk of panic
- Reduces risk of potentially harmful situations
AnxiKalm Compete is most effective on anxious/stressed horse or ponies to reduce a “fight or flight response” than “fresh” horses. Some horses react more to Magnesium supplementation, others to Tryptophan – AnxiKalm Compete contains both. Find out more here and if you are looking for more advice/information, please contact our expert team on 051 304010